Support Your Gators
Here at Green Elementary we are always excited for parent involvement. There are many ways to volunteer!
- Volunteer in your child's classroom, school or at a school function
- Here at Rescue Union School District, student and staff safety is very important to us and we now require all volunteers to complete a Volunteer Packet or Application before you can start volunteering at your school or classroom. Click here to get more information and download your copy of the Volunteer Handbook which includes our safety compliance as well as requirements that need to be met prior to volunteering.
- Join our Green Valley PTO
- PTO Meetings are held every Month or Contact our PTO President for more details.
- First PTO Meeting: Tuesday, August 7 in the Library 6:30 p.m.
Arts Attack is an award winning art program designed to teach art concepts to children in 24 video-based lessons per grade. This program lends itself to parent participation, allowing parent classroom volunteers to work with the teachers to provide the lessons in a 1-1.5 hour session per week.
But I can't draw!!
It doesn't require experience or training art to successfully facilitate the art principles of color, line, shape, form, texture and balance. Everything needed to bring this comprehensive program to your children is included with each lesson. A short training class will be held to train each parent volunteer.
Every Arts Attack lesson is presented on video and is reinforced by lesson plans. Not only is the video a rich source of creative ideas and inspiration, it also clarifies the objectives, materials, techniques and procedures of each lesson. Abundant instructional coverage, as well as that of students in classrooms performing the lesson and displaying their finished artwork, consistently produces exceptional student results and learning, independent of art background of the teacher or the parent volunteer.
Parent volunteers are critical to the success of this program. At least one volunteer is needed per classroom to facilitate weekly classroom lessons. Volunteers are also needed to assist with the organization of weekly materials and supplies for each lesson. Any amount of time you can give will help make this program a success. This is a great way to get involved in your child's education. If you would like to volunteer to teach these lessons, please contact your child's teacher.
For more information on Arts Attack you can go to www.artsattack.com.